A great snack for these movie nights, or really, a great snack at any time.
Recipe by A Chic Thing
Yields: 4 servings
3 Tbsp popcorn kernels
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp tomato paste
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
Grated mozzarella cheese
1. Pour the popcorn kernels into a lunch-box sized paper bag.
2. Fold loosely the very top of the paper bag so the kernels don’t pop out of the bag.
3. Microwave for 2 mins, or until there are 3 seconds between each popping sound.
4. In a shallow casserole pan, add the butter over medium heat.
5. Add in the tomato paste, and combine.
6. Stir in the olive oil, and sprinkle basil, salt, and garlic powder.
7. Add the prepared popcorn to the casserole, and combine.
8. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top, and stir.
9. Cover the casserole for 30 seconds, then stir again.
10. Pour into a large bowl, and enjoy!
This recipe is made by the lovely A Chic Thing channel from YouTube. Her recipes and videos are absolutely amazing. Check out her channel and Instagram page. She lists the ingredients in both languages, Arabic and English. We have collaborated with her to feature her channel on our blog, and we will provide you with the written recipe and directions. Her videos are therapeutic, make sure to watch them to easily follow the instructions.