An Awesome drink for the coming summer heat, made by the lovely A Chic Thing channel from YouTube. Her recipes and videos are absolutely amazing. Check out her channel and Instagram page. She lists the ingredients in both languages, Arabic and English. We have collaborated with her to feature her channel on our blog, and we will provide you with the written recipe and directions. Her videos are therapeutic, make sure to watch them to easily follow the instructions below.
Yields: 2 servings
4 cups hot water
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp black tea (dried leaves)
1. Pour the hot water into a teapot of your choice.
2. Stir in the sugar until dissolved.
3. Add in the black tea dried leaves and the lemon zest, and stir again. (The amount of lemon zest depends on your taste and preference)
4. Using a tea strainer, pour the tea into a large glass or mug.
5. Place it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
6. After chilling the tea, add an adequate amount of ice into 2 glasses.
7. Drop in 2 lemon slices in each glass.
8. Add in some mint leaves, then pour the tea over.